Technical Details

All images were taken using a Mamiya-7 6x7 medium format film camera.  Color images were shot using Fuji Velvia 100f, RVP 100, or Provia 100.  Final show images will be archival inkjet on Pictorico Hi-Gloss White Film paper.  Finished print sizes will be 8 3/4" x 13 3/8" or 13 3/8" x 8 3/4".

Percent Complete

45% (45 of 100 famous places)

100 Famous Views

Below are the images selected by each volunteer/participant followed by their initial request.

#21 Lido Theater (Pamela)

Click on Picture to Enlarge
My famous place is the Lido Theater. I have been driving onto Lido Isle since 1960 and every time I pass the Theater and then cross over the Bridge I know I am home. Lido Isle was originally just a sand bank that was where they dumped the sand after they drudged the bay to create a harbor. My Dad had a boat down here since the 1950's. In the early 30's/40's (I think - could be wrong on dates - it is posted in our clubhouse on the island) a local car dealer would give you a lot on Lido if you bought a car. Now we all joke that the land is sold by the spoonful. MAP

No comments: